1. The humble crockpot. You can dump almost anything into a crockpot at 6 AM and have dinner ready to go after soccer, gymnastics, football, piano, or whatever sport or activity you which you are the Designated Carpool Driver.
2. Netflix and Wine. Yes, I said wine. I am thankful that I can sit back at the end of a long day and binge watch a few episodes of my favorite shows and drink a glass of wine.
3. Did I mention I was thankful for my family??? I am. I love my children…I love my children…
4. Almost all my kids wipe their own butts. That is a big one. I have been waiting for this for years. It is almost as big a milestone as getting rid of the diaper bag.
5. Did I mention that I am thankful for my husband??? I love that he tries, on occasion, to fold the laundry. Last night he tried to start the dishwasher. He didn’t actually start it, but he said he was going to.
6. I have a hidden stash of chocolate that has gotten me through many, many trials this year. I hid the chocolate in a Raisin Bran box. My kids have yet to figure this out. It’s been, like, six months.
7. I love my minivan!!! I can’t say this enough. I am so thankful to have Rhonda the Honda in my life. Last week I found a wet, moldy, cheese covered egg in the back seat. The smell was so intense. Rhonda takes a beating from my family but she is so stinking loyal.
8. Did I mention I love my family members? Even the ones who ask me for favors. You know, favors you don’t want to do, like dog sitting or babysitting.
9. SmartyPants Vitamins. Yeah, shameless plug, but, seriously, keeping your family happy and healthy is a major challenge for any parent. SmartyPants has a gummy vitamin for every member of the family. My husband and I love the Men’s Complete and Women’s Complete, and my kids are obsessed with Kids Complete Cherry Berry. They ask for it every day. They remind me to give them their vitamins and throw it into our cart every time we are at Costco or Target! This is a massive parenting win.[featured-product]
10. Having nothing to do on a weekend. These are rare, but anytime I am en route to a soccer game or birthday party, I am so excited. It is almost as exciting as paying my bills on time. Is that sad?
11. Since I opened Pandora’s Box on the paying the bill, I will go ahead and say it: I am thankful for the months when I don't have to shuffle funds. Even if there is only 30 cents left in the bank after we pay the bills, at least we are in the black.
12. Did I mention I am thankful for my kids’ teachers? Boy oh boy are those guys the heroes. Like the real deal. I went to my son’s class today to serve pie for their feast and dealing with 25 first graders is no small feat. I don't know how elementary school teachers do it. So many kids… So many kids…
13. I love “Me Time.” It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is amazing. I love to go to Hot Yoga. It is the only place I am forced to be quiet and take care of myself. I am sweating the entire time, but It is so awesome to find some Zen. My favorite yoga pose is Savasana. Look it up. It is amazing.
14. I love spending time with my friends. I am so thankful that I get to drink wine each Wednesday night with my bestie while talking about internet nonsense. It is so great to decompress and relax. Friends are the best therapy.
15. Did I mention I am thankful that I woke up again today so I can do this crazy thing we call life again? I really am.I am sure that I missed a million things to be thankful for, but I am so glad that I put fingers to keyboard so to speak. Being thankful is a state of mind and sometimes it can be really difficult to find it. So, what are you thankful for this holiday season? What makes you pause and slow down? What gives you balance in your life? You can show Meredith some love on Instagram @thats_inappropriate, on her YouTube channel, on Twitter @thatsinapropro, and on Facebook.